All good cat mother and father need their feline mates to have wholesome, pleased lives, and a cat tree will help with each psychological and bodily stimulation.
With the pet product enterprise booming, you could find lots of of cat timber in the marketplace, so discovering the perfect one can turn into overwhelming. However by no means worry – we at BestReviews are right here that can assist you lower by means of the jargon and discover high quality merchandise that provide good worth on your cash.
To create our in-depth opinions, we check some merchandise in our labs, seek the advice of specialists, and collect suggestions from current clients, and do mountains of product analysis.
In case you’re considering studying the way to decide the correct cat tree on your furry companion, learn on for our full information to cat timber. Then, while you‘re prepared to purchase a cat tree, scroll as much as our product record the place you will discover our prime 5 picks.
Why purchase a cat tree?
Cat timber aren’t a gimmick designed to half animal-lovers from their hard-earned money; they are surely nice for cats.
Listed here are a few of the the reason why:
- Cats are avid climbers and prefer to have “vertical” territory in addition to horizontal house.
- In case your cat routinely scratches your furnishings, a cat tree with built-in scratching posts might deter her (although we’re not promising something).
- Cats typically really feel safer and safer when in an elevated place. A cat tree will help reduce stress and provides your kitty a haven wherein to lounge and loosen up.
- A cat tree will help preserve your cat lively. In spite of everything, it’s mainly like a feline jungle health club.
- You probably have a couple of cat, a cat tree might assist clear up territorial disputes over the perfect lookout spots. Your cats may need hassle sharing a window ledge peaceably, however most will share a big cat tree, as every kitty can perch on a special platform.
Sorts of cat timber
Under, we’ll look at a few of the primary kinds of cat timber, together with the professionals and cons of every.
Tall cat timber
Tall cat timber have a number of ranges and platforms. Some even attain from ground to ceiling.
Loads of house for a number of cats, promotes train, normally combines beds/platforms, might have cubby holes/scratching posts/toys for optimum enrichment.
Takes up lots of house.
About $50 to $150, relying on dimension.
Product in depth
Go Pet Membership 50W x 26L x 72H
Some cats desire to ascend to excessive locations; others desire to crawl inside bins and conceal from the world. The Go Pet Membership Cat Tree is designed to accommodate each behaviors. Standing practically six toes tall when totally assembled, this tree options quite a few ranges for a number of cats. The product’s removable ladders might (or might not) enchantment to youthful cats, however they’ll actually show helpful for getting older cats. Two dangling cat toys include the package deal, however further toys might simply be connected to the particle board cabinets.
Small cat timber
Small cat timber are inclined to solely have one or two ranges, with a scratching submit and probably a dangling toy.
Compact, good for felines who should not or can’t climb too excessive.
Not as enriching as taller cat timber.
Roughly $20 to $50.
Fashionable cat timber
Fashionable cat timber have a extra fashionable look than conventional carpet or fake fur cat timber. Typically, these cat timber are fabricated from naked wooden.
Extra aesthetically pleasing than conventional cat timber, extra interesting to some cats, sturdy.
Value greater than conventional cat timber, no carpet (which some cats don’t like).
$50 to $60 for small fashions and $100 to $300 for giant fashions.
Concerns for choosing a cat tree
Cat timber ought to have a variety of lounging areas on which your feline good friend can do some severe catnapping or surveyal of his environment.
These might take the type of flat platforms, beds with raised edges, cubby holes, or hammocks.
Some cat timber have a stylistic vary of lounging areas which can be good for a choosy kitty.
Test the product specs of your chosen cat tree to seek out its peak in inches. In case you select an particularly tall cat tree and your property has low ceilings, measure your room from ground to ceiling to make sure the cat tree will match. In fact, cat timber are designed to suit a median residence, so this should not be an issue in case your ceilings are of a traditional peak.
A superb cat tree ought to have a number of scratching posts. These posts ought to (hopefully) fulfill your cat’s pure urge to sink her claws into issues. On fashionable cat timber, you might discover “scratching areas” – squares lined with sisal rope – quite than conventional scratching posts.
Some cat timber have toys, resembling cloth mice or plastic balls, hanging by strings. Solely you recognize whether or not your cat goes wild for toys on strings or typically stays disinterested, so select accordingly.
You in all probability have an thought in your head of what a cat tree seems like. Maybe you image a collection of bins and platforms coated in carpet or fake fur and connected to at least one one other with a collection of scratching submit tubes. However this is not the one model of cat tree on the market. Some fashionable cat timber might be mistaken for shelving items if it weren’t for the cats sitting on them. One of these cat tree might go well with people who find themselves extra specific about their décor.
- Is your cat bored with his new cat tree? Taking part in with him whereas he’s on or close to the tree will help pique his curiosity.
- If it’s essential clear a carpeted or fake fur-covered cat tree, we suggest doing so with cat shampoo. Harsh cleansing options might be poisonous, however a cleaning soap particularly designed to be used in your kitty is a safer wager.
- Ensure the openings in your chosen cat tree suit your fur child. For instance, when you select a cat tree with a apartment or cubby gap, it must be giant sufficient on your cat to comfortably climb out and in.
Product in depth
Armarkat Cat Tree Furnishings Apartment
Using fake fleece makes routine cleansing of the Armarkat B5701 a lot simpler. A small brush or mini-vac could also be sufficient to remain forward of the fur and dander. Some house owners recommend including a small towel or pet blanket to the cubbyhole for extra consolation and simpler upkeep.
- Most cat timber require some meeting. Discover out what instruments you will must put the tree collectively, and collect them earlier than you start work.
- Some cat tree producers supply substitute elements in case part of the tree – a toy or scratching submit, for example – will get worn out.
- Take into account the bottom dimensions of your chosen cat tree, in addition to the peak, to be sure to have sufficient room for it.
- Stability issues. Ensure your chosen cat tree would not wobble. A tall cat tree ought to have a large base so there is not any likelihood of it tipping over.
Q. The place ought to I place my cat tree?
A. Situate your cat tree in a spot that your cat will discover interesting. In any other case, he’ll be unlikely to make use of it. It must be in a room the place he normally likes to spend time. In case your cat likes to look out the window, contemplate inserting his cat tree in a spot the place he’ll get view of the surface world. Likewise, in case your cat is a fiend for heat, he’d in all probability admire a cat tree positioned close to a radiator.
Q. What are cat timber produced from?
A. Conventional cat timber are produced from plywood and/or sturdy corrugated cardboard coated in both fake fur or sisal rope, which is wrapped across the scratching posts. Fashionable cat timber are usually produced from strong wooden, however they normally have areas with sisal rope to encourage scratching.
Q. Are there any cat timber designed with the older cat in thoughts?
A. Whereas they are much rarer, you could find the odd cat tree designed for aged felines. They have an inclination to have only one or two ranges, since some geriatric cats aren’t as spry as they as soon as have been and will harm themselves falling off the highest of a tall cat tree. In addition they have ramps main as much as the platforms, as a senior cat might not be capable of bounce up unaided.